Celeste Oram is an Auckland-based composer, flautist, singer, actor, and director. Her compositions have been performed, recorded and nationally broadcast by the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra, the Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra, and the Intrepid Music Project. This year she will be creating a new work for the Song Company, a Sydney-based vocal ensemble. Celeste has a particular interest in composing for theatre: in May 2011, her chamber opera The Electrical Eclipse was premiered at the University of Auckland, and she has scored songs and incidental music for productions ranging from Euripidean tragicomedy to German-language theatre to various Shakespeare plays. In 2012 she completed a BMus(Hons)BA with first-class honours at the University of Auckland, where her recognitions included Douglas Lilburn prizes in composition and performance, and the Douglas Mews composition prize.
- Media! The Sound Barrier, PBS; Beat Magazine; and Experimental Melbourne!
- Meet the Musicians – Zachary Johnston
- Meet the Musicians – Charlotte Jacke
- Meet the composers – Luci Everett
- Media Release – Moving Scores 2013, Melbourne Fringe Festival
- Moving Scores returns to the Melbourne Fringe 2013!
- Meet the Composers – Julian Maher
- Meet the Composers – Paul Smith
- Meet the composers – Celeste Oram
- Moving Scores Auckland
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.